Karachi Public School aims to provide the highest quality educational opportunities in:
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- A broad and balanced range of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- The development of higher order and independent thinking skills.
- An enlightened awareness of Islam and tolerance of other religions.
- Personal and social development.
- In keeping with international standards and Cambridge Assessment International Examination (CAIE) expectations, the teaching methodology encourages a student-centered approach, allowing children to play an active role in their own development.
- The curriculum is spiral in nature, in that the same concepts and skills will be taught at various times throughout the Classes, but with increasing levels of complexity and sophistication.
- The Core Subjects of English, Urdu, Maths and Science are taught in all Classes from 3-8.
- Non-Core subjects also taught in all Classes are: Islamiyat, and a Library period.
- Social Studies is taught in Classes 3-5, and History/Geography in Classes 6-8.
Nursery & Pre-Primary
The Pre-Primary programme provides a
wide and innovative range of educational
Along with a firm focus on nurturing
academic excellence, we work toward
Karachi Public School offers both
Cambridge GCE O Level’s and the Matric
- Along with a firm focus on nurturing academic excellence, we work toward developing a positive attitude, the ability to work hard and persevere and be empathetic and caring towards all beings.
- As our students approach the primary section, we make a gradual transition from play and activity based learning to preparing them to enter the structured methodology that our Matric and O’Level classes require.
Students are assessed on the basis of term and exam performance. The final result is based upon the aggregate of the terms and the final exam. Students have to show their best performance throughout the year. Periodic worksheets, assessment and presentations are a part of the assessment.
At KPS, along with our academics, our sports and physical development programmes are vertically aligned and build on skills from year-to-year. Introduction to sports is done in Junior School through the Health and Wellness programme in which students can try out different sports and learn fundamental skills. In Senior Schools, students join specific sports teams and represent their school in various tournaments, based on their skills and ability.
Through sports, we focus on developing a healthy mind and body, and building discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship spirit in our students.
The mission of the KPS libraries is to provide an opportunity and atmosphere to stimulate life-long learning and inculcate a love for books and thirst for knowledge in its students. Along with a love and respect for knowledge we aim to create an atmosphere for the sharing of ideas and discussions to stimulate the creative thinking of our students and open their doors to the infinite universe that print and electronic media can now provide at the click of a button.
The computer Lab provides excellent facilities to introduce children to the world of information technology, and along with theory we aim to encourage hands on practice and understanding in order to provide a strong basic understanding of computers which will equip our students with the knowledge and skills to hold their own in this rapidly transforming world.
The science labs house a wide array of equipment which brings to life the biology chemistry and physics textbooks. Working in the lab provides students with an in depth understanding of scientific concepts, and once their basics are strong and clear it paves the way for creative and critical thinking and discovery.
Something exciting is always happening at KPS! Our students are energetic and talented and we encourage creative expressions and opportunities to display and present their work to each other and to the world at large through a wide range of activities, displays, field trips and performances.